There is an alternative way to enroll your Windows devices without using device UUIDs to enrol the devices through the HiddenApp dashboard, or by using the registration app.
Please instead use the following steps to enroll your devices to your account automatically:
1. On a Linux or macOS terminal, run the following command:
- curl -d 'username=USEREMAIL&password=USERPASSWORD’ https://dashboard.hiddenapp.com/api/v2/user/token/
- Replacing USEREMAIL AND USERPASSWORD with the credentials of the HiddenApp account owner. From the output of the command above, copy and save the token for future use.
2. Download the HiddenApp client using the following link: https://storage.googleapis.com/hiddenapp-downloads/downloads/windows/HiddenAppInstaller%201.4.4.msi.
3. Add HiddenApp 1.4.4 to a local directory on the machines you want to enroll in HiddenApp.
4. Then using the command line on the target machines or via your MDM, run the following command:
- msiexec /i "DIRECTORYPATH:\HiddenAppInstaller 1.4.4.msi" Token=YOURTOKEN
- Replacing DIRECTORYPATH with the relevant directory path of the app and replacing YOURTOKEN with the HiddenApp account token you generated earlier in step 1.
5. In the installation wizard, click Next then select Close when installation is complete