Set a Firmware Password on your MacOS device
updated 18 days ago
To prevent your MAC device from a hard reset in the event your device goes missing, you should set a FirmWare Password. To set a FirmWare Password, please follow these steps:
- Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold these two keys: Command (⌘) and R.
- Release the keys when you see an Apple logo, spinning globe, or other startup screen.
- When the utilities window appears, click Utilities in the menu bar
- Then choose Startup Security Utility or Firmware Password Utility.
- Click Turn On Firmware Password.
- Enter a firmware password in the fields provided, then click Set Password.
- Quit the utility, then choose Apple menu > Restart